Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Back in the Northwest.

I spent the last 7 days in L.A.. 5 in sales training and 2 with my main Idahoan, Luke. The class was excellent, but long and exhausting. It's always fun to go to these things, meet people from all over the country and learn about life around these great United States. One night we went out for Thai food. Being from the West Coast, I'm used to exotic cuisine like this, but the poor guy from Wichita ordered the Tilapia thinking he would be served a fillet; he got the whole damn fish. HA!

After a week at the hotel I was looking forward to hanging out with Luke, but I had to kill 5 hours before he could pick me up. So I took the shuttle to the mall to see a movie. I caught a screening of "The Guardian". It's a little formulaic, but I enjoyed it none-the-less.

Later, after questioning my sexuality for watching a Kevin Costner movie by myself, Luke took me out for some beers. He announced he's in the process of buying his first place. Congratulations to my homie.

Saturday He had to work so I loafed around, watched some football, went to the store for groceries (it's hard to make a meal out of ketchup & baking soda, the only contents of Luke's fridge). After a Rock Star & 3 mile run I whipped up a little Pork Saltimbocca with Polenta, making sure I made enough for him to have left-overs

In return he introduced me to R. Kelly's Magnum Opus "Trapped in the Closet". It's brilliant, certain to be a cinematic classic. But the really grasp his genius, you have to watch R. Kelly's comentary, he's a visionary. Seriously.

Now I'm home watching the Hawks get thier lunch handed to them by the Bears. Uff Da. At least I've got the Bears D on my fantasy team. Regardless, it's good to be home, and despite my bravado, it will be even nicer when Mrs. Fishpimp gets home in two weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home