Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, July 24, 2006

Hot Times Living in the City

Anyone notice it's hot out lately? Holy Smokes! We've resorted to taking the hide-a-bed mattress & sleeping on the basement floor. I have to say that these last few nights I've enjoyed some of the best sleep I can remember.

It might strike some as funny, but about the only thing I like to do when it's this hot out is training - either a long, hard bike ride or a good hard run. Perhaps I feel like I accomplish more when I get such a good sweat on. Of course I'm completely miserable afterwards, but at least I can justify the cool-ones I drink by the calories I've burned.

On a separate note: the new TV has the P.I.P (which rocks). I have the M's vs. the Blue Jays on one channel and Hell's Kitchen on the other. I've never watched Hell's Kitchen before, but I'm loving it; mainly because I don't have to deal with those kinds of chefs anymore. I've been selling a lot of restaurants lately, but since we don't do a lot of linen cleaning I haven't run into any ego-maniacal kitchen managers lately. And any time I do I just remember the sage words of Simon: How seriously can you take guy who goes to work in his pajamas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,
Do you know there's a big blank space at the beginning of the post? And it seems to be growing............

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home