Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 25, 2006

Update

HOLY SMOKES!!! It’s been waaaaay to long since I’ve posted anything up here. A lot has happened in the past two weeks. I completed the 13th annual Beaver Lake Triathlon – barely – I had the words of Dean Wormer going through my head as, overweight and undertrained, I huffed my way through the 4.3 mile run: “Son, fat, dumb, and stupid is no way to go through life.” But I did it, and I got the t-shirt to prove it.

We’ve been cultivating a lot of produce – green beans, tomatoes, apples, tomatillos, zucchini, etc. Mrs. fishpimp has produced 3 apple pies and 5 crisps. We’ve been enjoying caprese salad 3 times a week, and the tomatoes haven’t even hit ther stride yet. Anyone seeking fresh tomatoes, apples, or squash should contact us immediately.

We’re also selling the Little Red Zipper, our 2000 Honda Civic – feel free to contact us about that also.

On the work front, I signed up the Patty’s Eggnest chain of restaurants, so that’s a nice win personally. I also talked with a buddy from the Fishhouse, seems like things are going well there. They’ve got a new GM who has solved many of the problems that frustrated me, and apparently Simon has mellowed significantly. So those of you lamenting the lack of Simonisms lately, it’s not my fault, he’s putting them out at a slower pace.

Conversely, I find myself using Simonisms more and more frequently on the job. What’s that about?

1 Comments:

Blogger Humbaba said...

As an ignorant hick, I always called that tomatoes, mozzerella, and basil. Mmmm. Love it.

Maybe you were the one setting Simon off.... ;)

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home