Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 18, 2006

New Material from a 'Classical' Figure

I'm working on my presentation for my quarterly sales review. I have to present my progress to the GM, Sales Manager, and the entire sales team. It is tradition that we begin our program with an inspirational quote. Last time I quoted Mike Hale, the founder of Hale's Ales: "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing." This time I went to the internet for help.

I found a site called Motivationalquotes.com. It's got tons of quotes searchable by the subject and by the quoted person. One section has quotes from famous philosophers. While scanning the list I noticed something peculiar - they have new quotes from Socrates.

The dude drank the hemlock back in 399 B.C.! How new can it be?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home