Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Highlight of my Week

We have these "Sales Blitzes" from time to time when they take the entire sales staff and spend the day canvassing one rep's territory. This week we were in Tukwila; my partner and I were assigned the Tuk-Vegas strip. I told my him I was going to throw one hand of blackjack while he talked to the manager. I was dealt 17 with the dealer showing a 6, so I held. He was sitting on 14 and drew a 3. My public school math made me think I lost, but since the dealer left my chips on the table I played another hand. And drew a blackjack. It's too bad not all my cold calls end up with me $15 richer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ties are a push in Vegas, but at many Washington card rooms the dealer takes ties. You lucked out.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Humbaba said...

Do NOT play blackjack if the dealer takes ties. That drops the odds to crazy stupid.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Humbaba said...

Crickey! I just checked on

http://wizardofodds.com/blackjack

and the dealer taking ties gives them a 8.86% advantage.

So, instead of it being 49% you 51% them, it's basically 40% you 60% them. Might as well hand over you cash and not bother playing.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home