Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Stairway to...?

We finally finished the staircase project in our front yard last week. What should have been a two weekend project ended up taking the entire summer. But that's why I'm in sales and not construction. While they may not be perfect, it's better than average the average product coming out of the Fishpimp Workshop. I spent today cleaning up the yard - all the construction refuse, shards of flagstone, lumber end & mis-cuts, various shipping remnants, etc. The big plan is starting to come together out there, just in time for football season!!!

On that note, this week was the first in my 30+ years that I have attended both a Seahawks & a Huskies football game in the same week. Both were good fun. For long periods of the Huskies game we watched a product that actually resembled proper "Husky Football". Solid tackling, excellent line play and a strong running game. They even managed to not give the game away in the 4th quarter this time! Go Dawgs!

I'm looking forward to this season more than most in recent memory; Mrs. Fishpimp is going to Africa for 4 weeks in Sept./Oct.. I love my wife, a lot, but she seems to think that allowing me to watch either the Seahawks OR the Huskies on any given weekend is generous on her part. While that might make sense in light of our aggressive home-improvement plan, it's tough. Seriously, only one football game per weekend? It's just not natural!

1 Comments:

Blogger Humbaba said...

Man, that just wouldn't work for me. B knew she was going to be a football widow every fall before she married me. I mean, I scheduled our WEDDING date to be a weekend with an away non-conference game.

Speaking of Huskies, if you're still free on the 16th I've got an extra ticket to the UW/Fresno State game.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home