Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Diversification

I signed a quick-lube shop in Sedro Wooley back in June. It had been purchased by a Korean fellow who was a hard bargainer. He told me he would be opening a series of restaurants, and that if I wanted that business I had better write him a good deal for the place in Sedro. I thought it was just a bargaining tool; that he had no intention of opening any restaurants. Regardless, we have a big national program with the oil distributor he uses, so I gave him the national pricing to placate him.

I never thought I'd hear from him again, but he called me on Wednesday to say he bought a restaurant in Shoreline and wanted to start service. He didn't want to sign a new contract so I just added the restaurant to the existing contract. The agreement for the new place has it listed as:

"Trail Road Shell Station & Xpress Lube DBA Old Village Korean Family Restaurant"

Anyway, I thought it was funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home