Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Terminology

I had a brief exchange with a prospective client last week that I personally found hilarious, but I’m not quite sure how to describe it

One of his workers came in to tell him to tell him a guy dropped off a barrel for him to look at. Now before I proceed, a bit of barrel terminology for you:

Bunghole: the opening in the top of the drum; it’s stopped by a “bung" which one removes with a “bung wrench”

He says to me “Hang on there, Mr. Fishpimp, I have to go look at this barrel with Mr. Adam”

“Get a good look at that bung hole” I say.

“Mr. Adam is in charge of the bung hole, I just want to get a look at the bottom.”

“There are a lot of people who wouldn’t know the difference.” I say.

“Well, young Adam here just got back from Afghanistan, he sure does!”

I don’t know what that means, but it sure struck me as funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home