Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 02, 2005

New Beginnings

Day Three on the new job and I’ve got a ton to learn. I plowed through a week’s worth of training manuals in a day and a half to get ready for a training conference call this morning. It turns out I probably over did it. At least now I have a plan.

Speaking of conference calls, the first thing I was involved with on Wednesday was a big call with all the offices in the Western region to wrap up the big fall sales contest. Here I am, in front of all the managers and ½ the company on the phone, on my best behavior, in my best suit, my shiniest shoes, and fluffiest tie trying to make the best, most professional first impression I can and someone on the call starts punctuating all the announcements with a fart machine! Lets face it, no matter what the situation, no matter how pompous one wants to appear, farts are funny.

I think this place is going to be pretty fun. Yesterday I ended up throwing the football around with the NW regional VP. I haven’t found any real characters yet to write about, but I’m sure that will change. They’re shipping me off to a conference in Vegas next week so I should have a report to file from there. Stand by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home