Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 03, 2005

What's Up With That?

Lots of my friends are having kids these days. When we get together occasionally the conversation turns to baby names. I am personally not fond of unique names; they're fine for my friends, but I would never name my kid Mortecai or Ryleigh. I certainly wouldn't name my son after a city. My buddy, Punkin, expecting a son this spring. He wants a name to honor the family's Irish heritage. That's cool, but "Dublin" is not what I would have selected. Again, it's up to him, and I won't lose any respect for him if that's the name Mini-Punky ends up with.

My real question is why are all the cities people name their kids after in Texas? Seriously: Dallas, Houston, Austin, El Paso, etc. What's up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home