Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 21, 2005

Garage Sale

Once or twice a year they clean out the freezer here. It's a 20,000 square foot room, and I'm always surprised what they find in there. They put it all out on a couple of palates for us to rummage through - it's just like the REI garage sale, only more delicious. Last year I got a whole beef tenderloin, 25 Lbs of king salmon fillet, 8 racks of lamb, and a whole duck for $6. This year wasn't quite as exciting, but I did score a whole prime rib, 20 lbs of chicken breasts, and a bunch of swordfish steaks for about $10. I'm excited about the beef - the timing couldn't be better.

We'll be moving in 4 weeks and I'm going to use it to bribe some friends to help with the heavy lifting. We grilled top sirloins last time, which brought enough people out of the woodwork to get the entire move done in about two and a half hours. We've got a little more stuff this time around, so we needed to up the ante. We also have some extra motivation - if we finish quick enough we can enjoy our prime rib while watching the Apple Cup! So if any of you want free delicious meat, aren't going to the game, and don't mind putting in an hour or two of work, drop me a line and I'll give you the deets - we sure could use the help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home