Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Serendpity!

I went to see a friend's band play down at Finn McCool's in the U-district on Friday night. He's in one of the hundreds of bands nationwide named "Vote For Pedro"; they're probably one of the better ones. That part was good. As I wandered into the bar I saw another friend who I've been trying to catch up with for weeks. That part was great, but the best part happened when I went to the bar. I ordered a pint of Red Hook ESB. This lonely-looking late 20s-ish dude saddled up to a plate of bangers & mash told the bartender he'd pay for it. I turned & looked at him for a long second and said "Really?". He confirmed my free beer and stated that he was a rep for Red Hook and thanked me for supporting their brand. I said "Right on, brother!" The only thing that would have made the evening better was if I had been on my game enough to switch from a pint to a pitcher. Oh well, as Simon always said "Talk about a gift horse hitting you in the mouth!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Family said...

Boy those Simonism's sure come in handy.

"Put it where the Monkey put the peanut"

Simon 2002

8:33 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

My sister's name is Serendipity! Beautiful concept, beautiful person, and by the sound of it, beautiful free beer!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home