Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Karma

A large part of my time on-the-clock is spent cold-calling, or, in the parlance of our times: "in-person prospecting". For the most part people are friendly despite my interrupting their day's business. But about 5% of the people I call on are rude, if not downright abusive to me. I had one of those encounters last week at a pizzaria in Belltown. The guy was an absolute jerk, so I was smugly pleased to see Nancy Leson, the Seattle Times food critic, rip the place apart in this week's reviews:

"A handsome store it is, with exposed brick, soaring ceilings and a handful of tables set in an "L" around the big brick oven. But looks don't buy me love. Sophomoric service and inconsistency in the kitchen have to be addressed, fast.

One visit found dull pizza crust in need of salt. Worse, the crust had seized and turned cardboardlike shortly after it was presented..."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always found the theory of karma very reassuring: Even if we don't see the "balancing of the scales," we can be confident it will happen at some point in time.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Humbaba said...

For a great pizza try Tutta Bella, 43rd and Stone Way or their other location somewhre further south...

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home