Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Carded in Kent

I've been burning the candle at both ends lately - working 10 hours, driving an hour in traffic, and painting for two more when I get home, not to mention what three days in Las Vegas will do to a guy. The bottom line is I done got myself sick. So, I went to the local Safeway to buy some antihistamine.

I'd heard that Washington State is a hotbed for Meth production, but now they’ve got all the cold meds locked up front with the smokes and lottery tickets; I guess this is what the state has come up with to combat the trade. Now, the new office is in Kent, not exactly the swankiest part of town, so it makes sense that they'd ramp up enforcement down here. So I mosey on up to the counter and ask for my favorite brand; they're out. "All's we got is the 12-hour stuff." the clerk says.
"What's up with that?" I ask, noticing that the cold medicine display is 2/3rds empty, "All the meth guys wipe you out?"
"No, it's just that time of the year." She tells me. She's obviously on the inside, I wonder how much they're paying her.
"12-hour is fine"
"I need to see your driver's license"

I got carded to buy freakin' cold medicine! And it's not even the good stuff! Man, what a hassle. I had been thinking about starting up a meth lab in the new house - I have the room now, and with two mortgages I could use the extra cash - but seriously, who needs the drama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home