Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 09, 2005

Be Careful What You Ask For

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am a Husky fan, and proudly so. The University of Washington has a great tradition both academically and athletically and is worthy of my support despite recent struggles on the football field.

However, many in my office do not support the Purple & Gold. My boss played football at Oregon; one can guess where his loyalties lie. The GM is a Beaver Believer from Oregon State, and the Controller is a Cougar. As one can imagine, the Husky fans have been on the receiving end of college football jokes more often than not in the past 12 months. But I think these turkeys from other Pac-10 schools are running out of steam; after UW gave up the game to Air Force it took a day and a half for anyone to start talking!

My boss is a big fan of spending time on the internet at work. He’s particularly fond of ESPN and has been sending all the Huskies links to “The Bottom 10” whenever UW appears in the column. This week I wrote back saying “I went looking in the Bottom 10 archives for Oregon, but they don’t go back into the ‘90’s, or the ‘80’s, or the ‘70’s, or the ‘60’s, or the ‘50’s, or the ‘40’s, or the ‘30’s, or…well, you get the idea” He responded with something to the effect of “It’s been a long time since anyone had a one-win season in the Pac-10, why don’t you look that one up in the archives!” So I did, here’s what I found and e-mailed back to the Duck and CC’d all the Huskies in the office:

“Well, Oregon did it in ’78 and 4 other times, not to mention the twelve (12) 2-win seasons. How many undefeated, National Championship seasons does Oregon have under its belt? Be careful what you ask for, sucka!”

Silly Duck. Go Huskies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home