Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 30, 2005

Vacation Time!!!

I’m doing my best Humbaba impression these days: Buying a bigger house, renting the old one, going on a week-long vacation and hoping the whole thing doesn’t fall apart. Mrs. Fishpimp and I are celebrating our fifth anniversary this coming week. We take turns planning these celebrations, it’s fun to surprise & be surprised. We’re going for a week and all I know about our destination is the weather forecast: Highs in the high 80’s, lows in the high 50’s with sporadic showers and thunderstorms. I’m thinking the destination is Costa Rica, preferably here. I’ll be sure to post a review if/when we return.

Since I’ll be gone for a week I thought I’d leave you with a great Simonism from the other day:

Simon: “Who is going to sell these 12 oz New York Steaks?!?!?!?! Littleman! Why don’t you send them to your guy?”
Littleman: “I can’t, they use 14 oz New Yorks.”
Simon: “Just send the 12 oz steaks and dummy up!”
Littleman: “No, they’ll catch me and send them back!”
Simon: “No they won’t, I’ll bet you!”
Littleman: “No, they’re not tall enough! They use the 14 oz because they like how tall they are.”
Simon: “I bet you can get away with it! They won’t notice”
Littleman: “ No, they’re not tall enough, they’ll know!”
Simon: “No they won’t; I’ve done it before!”
Littleman: “Ok, fine, I’ll do it, I’ll send them.”

Simon: “No, don’t, they’ll catch it.”

Classic Simon, classic. See y’all in a week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home