Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Tragedy

Fox Sports Northwest is replaying classic Pac-10 football games of the past 15 years on Thursday evenings this fall. I was very excited to see that last week they were going to replay "The Whammy in Miami" - when Washington snapped the Hurricanes' 56-game home winning streak. I remember watching this game as a sophomore at the University of Puget Sound by all by myself on a dark and rainy afternoon in Tacoma. I was ready to relive the agony of the first half as the Huskies fell behind and looked completely overmatched; ready to celebrate one of the finest hours of this storied team's long traditions as they came back and trampled a defense that included future NFL greats like Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis. I took extra care programming the VCR with the correct VCR+ number so there would be no errors. I checked it three times - I wasn't going to miss seeing this beautiful purple gem. Unfortunately, the Times must have had a misprint, because when I sat down to watch the tape last night I got three hours of the HOME FREAKING SHOPPING NETWORK! %$&#&%$#*$&%$# !!!!!!

The Huskies just can't get any breaks these days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home