Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, July 25, 2005

I Have a Drinking Problem

Here's what's on my desk; this is what I've been drinking today:

I am bouncing off the freaking walls right now. Normally, the coffee is enough to keep me going, but today the Punkin' bought me this Tall-boy Rock Star. Holy Toledo! I think I'm going blind; it's just too much! I rode the bicycle in today and I'm afraid I'm going to come down too early; that there'll be a massive energy crisis right as I'm clipping in for the 13 mile homeward sojourn. That's going to suck. In the mean time I'm really enjoying everything going on around here; this is almost as good as the nitrous at the dentist's office!

In other news: you might not of heard, but Lance Armstrong won the Tour de France again. I'm not much for hero worship, but speaking as an amateur cyclist, watching that guy is beyond words. Seeing him go up and over those mountains in the manner he does is so ridiculous that all I can do is laugh. He is a joy to watch, and, as our national reputation continues to take a beating abroad, is a fine ambassador for the American people. The whole thing is almost enough to make me want to move to Texas.
Ok, if there had been any doubt that I've had too much caffeine, it has just been removed; the closest I'll get to Texas is Tacoma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home