Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

After hanging out with all these Scots in L.A. and hearing endless repetitions of "LET'S GET PISSED!!!" and " Alright, we've got a piper down, we've got a piper who's down!" I realized there is an enormous hole in my DVD collection. Actually, my collection is meager at best, with hundreds of holes, but this one is “Friggin Huge!” So I went on over to the old Ebay Emporium and found a used copy of “So I Married An Axe Murderer” open at $1.99 with no bids. I took a flyer and set my bid max at $5, well below the “this’ll piss off the wife” threshold. In two days no one else bid on it, so I won. Despite what all y’all say, I am a Winner!

There’s nothing quite like the feeling of having one’s self validated by the purchase of a used entertainment product from an on-line auction. It’s very exciting. Very exciting, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home