Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Bobby fell in the mud

Remember that “Wanna hear a dirty joke? Wanna hear a clean joke?” joke? I had an experience like that last night. Wifey-poo & I went to Costco & Home Depot last night. We actually got the closest non-handicapped parking space in the entire lot. Totally friggin cool - absolutly made my day.

Bobby fell in the mud

As I was smugly enjoying the short walk to the door I reached for my wallet to retrieve my membership card. No wallet – left it in my other pants! No Costco. I actually considered walking home & back, but in the end I had to give up my pristine parking spot because I’m an idiot.

Bobby took a bath.

We’re only 1.5 miles from the store. But my frustration was compounded by some road-raging bonehead that caused an 8 car pile-up on 99 precisely between Costco & my house. So the evening commute out of town was detouring down my normally quite back road route. A trip that should have taken 7 minutes took nearly 20, and I was getting really hot under the collar. My only solace was that the wife decided to go get the new bathroom paint mixed over at the HD. Otherwise she’d nagging my outraged-ass about the loss of a parking spot not being a big deal. Like hell! It’s a friggin’ huge deal!

Bobby took a bath with bubbles.

So I finally pull back into the Costco lot, and am mentally preparing for the long, hard slog from my new distant parking spot, steam pouring out my ears, when I find that the exact same parking spot is open and no one is waiting for it. Unbelievable! Add to my delight these three things: Wifey-wife suggesting we scrap painting tonight for buying & watching The Incredibles, running into an old, old friend & setting up a chance to get together for adult beverages, and a delicious polish sausage & drink for $1.50. Booyah?

Bubbles was the girl next door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home