Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 29, 2004

Thanksgiving

Those of you who know me personally know that the wife bought me a Webber Smoky Mountain Cooker for Christmas last year. It's great. I'm a smokin' fool! I've smoked ribs, chicken, salmon, and now turkey.

I brined the bird in a mixture of apple juice, salt, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and cloves for 36 hours. Then smoked it for about 3 and a half hours (that's wicked fast for a 17.5 Lb. bird). It was unbelievable. Moist. Tender. Exploding with flavor.

Problem is I made it too delicious.

My wife, sister-in-law & her husband, and my aunt all agreed it was the best turkey they've ever had...right there in front of both my mother and mother-in-law! D'oh! How terrible did I feel upstaging both matriarchs at the first ever Thanksgiving I hosted?

So bad that I had to have a second piece of pumpkin pie.

Here's a link to the recipe that I used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home