Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, June 28, 2004

Alternative Transportation

After tearing out my deck, removing the dog run, ripping out two hedges and a fence, washing & vacuuming 2 cars, cleaning out the garage, and selling my camera on eBay and enjoying one delicious beer I took the bike out for a spin. Having a bit of a headache, I thought I'd make it a short ride, 20 minutes perhaps. Then I found this bike trail that looked nice so I decided to roll it for a while, see where it went. An hour later and Holy Smokes! I'm within a couple miles of the Fishhouse! I can rejoin the ranks of the bike commuters! Of course that means I have to hit the road at 5:00 in the AM, but, hey, with increases in both the price of gas and the size of my gut, seems like a good alternative to me.

Of course the people around here have had some colorful responses to my excitement.

"Why would you do that?"

"How far it is?...15 miles, huh? Wow that's a long way"

"I hope you get hit by a car, I F***in' hate bikers!"

"How are going to deliver fish on your bike?"

Additionally, the company seems opposed to bike commuters. There is no bike rack, the shower lays in disrepair, & the warehouse manager won't let me have a locker in the locker room.

I guess we will add this to the long list of things that show how far behind the times the fish biz really is.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home