Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Copper River Update

I hope that y'all don't think that because I haven't posted anything in the past few weeks doesn't mean that nothing is going on around the fishhouse. It's been a very exciting Copper River season. We've been working our tails off getting the fish to the people. We set an all-time branch record for sales last week. This week looks to be even bigger. The most outrageous part of the whole thing is that for the first time in anyone's memory the retail department (where I work) had a bigger week than the food service side. Simon (food service manager) is furious, the Duck (retail manager) is quacking. I am smug as a bug in a rug; see the thing is: food service has 6 sales reps, retail has 2.

And speaking of the Duck...

The fast paced nature of the seafood business tends to cause a lot of stress, so we try to keep it light around here. Each one of us does our part, one guy likes to hide people's chairs, another likes to rearrange the keys on people's keyboards, and we all chip in to make fun of the Norwegian's mom. My personal forte is changing the pictures on people's Microsoft Windows Desktop. Some of my best work include vomiting fratboys, 80's hairbands, Smurfs & Carebears, and Martina Navritalova. But I got the Duck real good the other day. I found a real nice montage of photos of Oregon's greatest sports hero. Here's his response:

OK, you got me good....where the HELL did you place that Tonya Harding wallpaper? Every time I boot up and/or shut down my computer I get another shot of that b@#$%!

How do I get rid of it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home