Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Winter Warmth

Our furnace quit working on Friday night. The pilot light wouldn't stay lit; if we wanted heat I had to fire it manually every time, which takes one cold & frustrating minute in the basement 3 times an hour. So I called a HVAC company that a friend of a friend of a friend works for to have someone come out an look at it. It's a 45 year old piece of equipment that is on it's last legs, I know it's going to need to be replaced soon. I just hoped that we wouldn't need to put a new one in Christmas week.

It cost us an extra $100 for a Saturday call. An extra $100, $185 total, to have some sweaty guy come out to bang on the thermocouple with a screwdriver twice to get the pilot light going again. Sheesh - that was worse than the mechanic who can't hear the funny noise the car has been making for the past two weeks!

I she'd like some toys, but I really hope Cassie likes the new furnace we're getting her for Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home