Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Racial Profiling

Three of us from the office went out for Thai food yesterday. The food was delicious, but the racial overtones were hard to ignore. If Johnnie Cochran was still alive I'd have him on speed dial by now. Be prepared before you read the following scenario; you will be outraged.

After our food arrived the waitress, who I assume is from Thailand or one of it's neighbor countries, came back with one pair of chopsticks for my Filipino coworker, but none for me or my fellow Caucasian at the table. I'm not sure which assumption I'm more outraged by, that Whitey can't use the chopsticks (I've been rockin' the chopsticks since Mrs. Dumas's 1st grade class had a unit on Japanese culture) or that my Pacific Islander brother from Spokane eschews the fork as an eating device.

It's a good think the Pad Kee Mao was so delicious; otherwise I might have had to actually say something controversial like "May I please have some chop sticks?"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the greatest quotes on racism I've heard recently.

Coutesy of your right-wing bro-in-law

"Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called “diversity” actually perpetuate racism. Their obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist. The true antidote to racism is liberty."- Ron Paul

9:38 PM  
Blogger Humbaba said...

C'mon baby Fishpimp! Woooo!

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know how it goes. Our #2 was a scheduled-C and for me it was like a dentist appointment.
My wife would disagree.
Talk to you soon - Ryan

6:33 AM  
Blogger Humbaba said...

Our #2 shot out like a watermelon seed. Heh.

4:26 PM  
Blogger JFlaming said...

I thought that the Thai didn't use chopsticks?

And that Ron Paul quote simply confirms that guy is completely brain dead. As if the whole world hadn't figured that out already.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home