Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, June 02, 2006

Positive Thinking

Traffic on Tuesday afternoon was dreadful and every shortcut I tried to take backfired on me. I was mentally writing my traffic tirade while sitting at red lights when I realized y'all probably don't want to read about how my entire day was ruined because it took me an extra 20 minutes to get home.

So I'm taking a different spin. Back in college my roommate and I designated our room in the fraternity a "negativity-free zone" No bitching allowed. It was great, people knew that we would not stand complaining in our little corner of the house and it turned into a rather cheerful place. I mentally recreated that atmosphere in my mind after I got home and it's been great. Every time I feel like complaining I just think about how petty my troubles are. Wednesday night I got chinese take out; my fortune cookie told me "youwill soon receive good news of a personal nature. Lo and behold, yesterday, at out big corporate meeting I won the big door prize which turned out to be a new surround-sound speaker system for the home theatre!

On top of that - Mrs. Fishpimp baked a big fresh cherrie pie last night. So I'm going to continue thinking positive and hope the dividends keep coming.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuck that.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Fishpimp said...

Not even going to try.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home