Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My Idols

I got hauled into the boss’s office today. It seems that my Fishpimp fashion sense needs a little tweaking; it was brought to my attention that there is a difference between khakis and tan slacks, and today’s trouser selection was unacceptable. It was a little embarrassing but no big deal; we ended up having a nice chat about tie theory, office psychology, and upward mobility in the company. She told me that all the books say to dress ‘two positions above where you are now’. She also suggested that I model my behavior after those whose shoes I aspire to fill.

With that fresh in my mind I went back to my desk and walked into a transaction between a sales rep and the Assistant General Manager. The AGM had purchased a bass amp from the rep. After throwing the cash down on the desk he implied that he had been ripped off through the use of a sodomy metaphor, emphasizing his point by turning around and grabbing his ankles.

Seconds later the General Manager walked in with a rubber band on his finger, smirked, and without saying anything, yanked it back and shot the AGM in the crotch.

Somehow, I don’t think that’s what my manager had in mind.

3 Comments:

Blogger Humbaba said...

My boss drinks harder than I do.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you didn't get sent home to change clothes! That's what we used to do at Safeco.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all thought the same of you when you were here at the fish house also, just no one had the nerve to ask you to Shave, and take off the Siberian mountain hat, oh yeah and the sneakers......... Of course not much of a example around here.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home