Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 23, 2006

Viva Los Seahawks!!!

So I guess the Seahawks are actually going to the Super Bowl. That’s some crazy sh*t, man. It just doesn't compute. Between all the information I’ve been ingesting for work and challenges fixing on our fixer-uper home my mind is having a very hard time wrapping itself around the concept. Of course I could have used the brain cells destroyed by the celebratory Irish Car Bombs in processing the euphoria. The best part, so far, about the Sea-chickens accomplishments is that traffic was super-light (for Seattle) coming home tonight – I guess I wasn’t the only one who woke up with a headache this morning.

One bad thing about the Quest Field Conquest is that it exposed more evidence proving controllers/accountants are strange people. Our controller strolled in this morning and said she was disappointed in the Hawks’ win; it wasn’t competitive enough for her. She apparently has never worked the coronary unit at Harborview. Hell, one of my coworkers didn’t even turn on the game until mid-way through the 2nd quarter because he didn’t think he could bear the strain. I told her we didn’t want her negative attitude in the sales office because we are all positive thinkers. Ha! Seahawks fans are by definition *not* positive thinkers. She told me to get a life, which, coming from a controller, didn’t mean much.

We had a great time with our friends who made it over for the game. We, ever the foodies that we are, made a bunch of pizza dough for a pile-yer-own-pie feast. The people made some great looking pizzas. I’d wish I had stomach-room to enjoy them all, but I’m just glad I had an appetite! Two weeks from now, in honor of our recently vanquished foes, we will be dining on Carolina-style pulled pork sandwiches from the smoker!

Afterward, we enjoyed the spoils of our raid on my parents’ basement and played a few rounds on their ping-pong table. The lack-of-sobriety was mitigated by the improved lighting I installed on Saturday. That’s right, Johnnie Fishpimp installed him some track lighting! The room now has a real stadium feel to it. It’s bight, man. It’s so powerful you’d expect Hank Williams Jr. to come out singing “ARE YOU READY FOR SOME PING-PONGGGGGGG!!!!!”

Well, you’d better be, because we’re going to do it all again for the Superbowl!!!

Go Seahawks!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Humbaba said...

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite.... You must be more ashamed of the fishouse than I thought!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Fishpimp said...

Not so ashamed that I have to post anonymously!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Mom

12:42 PM  
Blogger JFlaming said...

I'm all for competitive games, but only when they are between teams I don't care about. When it comes to the Seahawks, I want a good, sound blowout. Forty, fifty points... that's a good margin for me.

Bring on the smokehouse pork. I'll be sniffing out the back door to see when it is time to come over.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Fishpimp said...

Hey Anonymous, how was the coffee?

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home