Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Hammertime!

Mrs. Fishpimp is a program director for an adventure travel company (AKA coolest job on the planet). She sent me this note yesterday – apparently, there are goofy people in industries other than seafood.

Subject: Somali Minister of Tourism and Wildlife

Said this as one of his reasons to visit Somalia…
“Somalia is a very big country, good weather and a large number of wildlife. Somalia has water, rain, good weather and the biggest population of camels, cows, sheep and goats.”
Hmmm…


Her coworker sent this response back:

Wow, where do I sign up?
I recall once many years ago, while attending a travel trade show representing Seattle, I stepped into an elevator with a woman also attending the same show. She looked at my badge & sighed “Oh, you’re from Seattle. That must be a fun place to promote.” I agreed & asked her where she was from (which I do not remember at all). When I asked what they did in her hometown for tourism, she answered brightly “Well, we have one of the country’s biggest hammer factories!” What the heck do you say to that???


Indeed. What do you say to that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home