Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Images From Tahoe

So Senora Pescadoputo is off climbing Africa's highest peak, but she didn't undertake this adventure unprepared. She's been training quite a bit in the weeks leading up to the trip. the culmination of this trip happened last weekend when we flew down to Lake Tahoe, CA for a weekend of high-altitude hiking with her parents. She did 30 miles in three days, nearly all above 8,000 feet. I came along for the first two days, but took Sunday off to rest - I'm not training to climb any mountains anytime soon and my feet hurt, so Mother-in-law and I went out for lunch.

So here are a couple photos I took on our hike along the Pacific Crest Trail as we headed north from Ebbet's Pass. Click any image to see at full size.

Sierra Mountains South of Ebbet's Pass, blatant Ansel Adams rip-off.

I'm still getting used to my digital camera (Minolta A2), so pardon the viginetting around the corners - my polarizer is a little too big to run the lens at the minimum focal length. I'd fix them in Photoshop, except that I haven't installed it yet on the new computer.

Astors



Cairn, PCT



Dwarf Pine, Lake Alpine

One Very Determined Tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home