Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 01, 2009

I love my job (sometimes)

A big part of my job is "tele-prospecting" - cold calling over the phone. Most of the time it's not a lot of fun; but on Fridays I go through old records and learn all kinds of things. I just called a company that invented 'blended winglets' - I thought it was some kind of appetizer, but it turns out they're the little vertical tips on the ends of the airplane wings that help planes fly faster, farther, and higher than the original configuration. And they were invented right here in Seattle. In tribute, this week's new band name:

The Blended Winglets!

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg Moon said...

Those little winglets save a lot of fuel, as I understand it. Hurray for the little things!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Jennie said...

I asked a flight attendant once what they were for and she said they improve fuel economy, apparently quite a bit. I'm trying to work out how that works but I think it's way cool. Love the name, never heard that before!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home