Dead Fish in a Box

The chronicles of a suburban fishpimp trying to keep it rural.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I don't know what it is about my buddy Ed. There's something about him that makes people say really goofy things. A few years ago I wrote about the time he ordered a vanilla latte in Manhattan and was told by the barista that he could make Ed a regular latte and add vanilla syrup, but that they did not have vanilla lattes.

The latest in this long-running trend happened last week. His birthday was last Monday (5/5) and as he was packing to meet be for a birthday margarita a coworker (who I'm sure is plenty intelligent) asked "Today's you birthday? Is it always on Cinco de Mayo?"

For those of you who no habla Espanol, "Cinco de Mayo" is Spanish for the 5th of May.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there is actually a gene for this behavior, the Grant's Tomb gene (as in, "Who is buried in...") Ed must be exuding a pheromone with attracts people who carry this Grant's Tomb gene.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home